Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hot Mama Ride Wed June 7, 2006 Report

I arrived at the Java Hot parking lot early enough to sleep a nice short nap. At about 5:35 pm I saw Mary Lynn with 3 friends. I thought they were coming to the Hot Mama Ride, but they were actually finishing up a road ride. Oh well... next time.

Dolores and Tom, one of the Hot Mama special boys, came riding their bikes at 6:00 pm. I was glad they were up for doing a nice Tamarancho loop on a nice pace since I was fighting a bad cold. The three of us had a lot of fun doing the Boy Scouts loop counter clockwise. I was trying to stay on Tom's wheel, but after 5 or 10 seconds he will leave me behind. However, he will slow down for me so I could try to stay on his wheel again. It is a really great way to push yourself and appreciate how smooth and fast a trail can be ridden and how fast a switchback can be done.

My Edge 305 is broken so the only stats I got are:
Riders: 3
Miles: 13
Time: 2 hrs

No comments: